AFM & LIVING WORD
On 19 January 2016 a MEMORANDUM OF ASSOCIATION between the AFM of SA (AGS van SA) and Living Word (Lewende Woord) was signed at our national offices. During the past few years similar agreements were signed between us and Family Christian Church (Dr. Theo Wolmarans) and Five Fold Ministries International. (Pastor Harold Weitz).
The purpose of such association is as follows:
1. Promote a sense of unity in the body of Christ.
2. Be a witness to those outside the church.
3. Create greater opportunities to be a blessing to one another.
4. Encourage co-operation at all levels.
The churches entering into this relationship agrees to the following:
1. A mutual acceptance of one another’s confession of faith.
2. A respect of one another’s discipline.
3. An acknowledgement of a written pastoral code of conduct.
4. Each retaining full autonomy, individuality and integrity.
We realize that the church of Jesus Christ is principally one. Such association is an official and public declaration that we acknowledge, respect and need one another and that we in this way are taking hands. May this action give some expression to the prayer of Jesus in John 17 and may we be a blessing to one another in time to come.
Dr. I.S. Burger (President of the Apostolic Faith Mission of SA)
Nevil Norden (Senior Pastor of Lewende Woord)